Adding a Channel To Your Roku Device or TV
The great thing about Roku is the endless possibilities of channels available. Whether you own one of Rokus great streaming devices or your TV has Roku built-in, you can always add more channels. When starting off with Roku make sure to create your account and go through the proper setup. New channels are available in the Roku Channel store. You can access the channel store through your device or on the internet.
Steps To Add A Roku Channel Through The Device
- Start by pressing Home on your Roku Remote
- Next, select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store. Here you will see a large list of channels to choose from. Also, you can use the search function to find your next great channel.
- To find details about the channel press OK on the remote which will give you details.
- For free channels simply select Add Channel, this will install the channel.
- If the channel is a paid channel, you select the Buy option to order the channel.
- If you have set up a Roku account PIN and your payment information is up to date, then simply enter your pin and the paid channel will install.
- Also, if your payment information is expired, you will need to access your account and add the proper payment option.
Adding a Channel Through The Web
In addition to the device, you can add channels through the Roku website as well. But it can take up to 24 hours to show on your device. Steps for the web option:
- Go to channelstore.roku.com
- Select My Account and sign in to your Roku account and find the channel you want to add.
- You may also select Details to learn more about that channel.
- Follow the prompts to add and install the channel.
It may take some time for the channel to appear on your device. On your device you can go to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. This will make the device check for any new channels or updates.
Another option is using the Roku mobile app to add channels as well. The steps are similar to the web-based options. In addition, you may want information on making making a Roku Channel.